Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

Accept Yourself

     So, you may not know but I used to be big in photography.  Entered contests, took several art classes and even started a camera club at my school along with my own "photography business".  Over the years my drive and determination has fizzled out until I bought myself a camera and photoshop.  Tonight I was editing photos from the past couple of months and just doing touch ups on the lighting and what not (they were just photos of the family from a gathering).  Not really editing faces too much since they were shots of multiple people playing cards.  I posted them on facebook and tagged my family in them.
      About thirty minutes later my mother logged onto her facebook and then complained about how she looked, as usual, in the pics I had just posted.  I went through about five hundred shots and picked at least ten of her from the ones I had ended up editing.  I was frustrated listening to her.  Honestly, not just her but everyone.  I pick my photos wisely and when I do pick them, I see beauty.  I see no such things as flaws.  My mom is beautiful no matter what.  Every girl out there is beautiful.  Even I need to remind myself that there is nothing wrong with me. Nothing drives me crazy like hearing people complain about their pictures and how ugly they look.  I understand that there are some pictures where you were caught at a funny angle and whoops!  your double chin is showing.  But when I go through my photos and get rid of those couple of pics everything else is natural and that's you.  To me, when I go through those pictures I'm not seeing the extra curves you mention, or the pimple on your face.  To me, I see a human being, a person, a loved one, a beautiful person.  Always a beautiful amazing person.
     Ladies, and gents!  DON'T embrace your imperfections because guess what?  They're not imperfections nor flaws.  This is the way God made you and you are handsome and gorgeous that way.  God didn't make a mistake when it came to you or anybody else on this Earth.  You need to accept yourself.  You shouldn't be picking yourself apart everyday.  Allow yourself to have confidence, don't hold it back.  Don't punish yourself and make yourself miserable.  Just think of all the people that surround you and love you.  They don't see anything wrong with you.  They don't see the flaws.  They love you for who you are and now you need to learn to love yourself for who you are.  Sometimes I tell myself that if I have so many flaws then why do I have my friends, family and boyfriend?   They're seeing differently from the way I have created for myself.  That's my rant of the night.  Please, everyone know that you are perfect the way you are.  In fact, it would be so helpful if you could remind your loved ones and others around you on how wonderful, beautiful and amazing they are.  Don't forget yourselves. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment