Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Welcome to The Little Life

      Hey everybody!  Long time no see... If you have been here before you will notice I have changed the title of my blog from Mocha's Midnight Diner to The Little Life.  Since I am now twenty and half way through my sophomore year of college I figured a nice little change was needed.  I'll still be blogging about random opinions, ideas and stories.  I'm hoping to expand to giving advice and answer questions later on.  We shall see what happens when we get to that point though.
     So anywho, to play some quick catch up, I am currently finishing my last two weeks of this semester at a community college.  To be honest, college has not been so swell for me.  It's been a struggle for me to balance education, work and a social life.  Every semester I have attended full time, but next semester I'm taking things a bit slower and going to be only going part time.  There are some advantages to this as well as disadvantages.  Such as.... I no longer qualify for certain insurance policies and I am going to behind even further than most others.  Some positives to this situation would be that it's going to allow me to work more and focus on just two classes rather than four, so I'll have a better income and hopefully I can do better in my classes.  Other than that, I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life.  I changed my major once and I've almost changed it about another ten more times.  I had considered not attending college this upcoming semester so I could figure out what career I want to pursue, but I decided why not at least continue working on the basic courses and getting those out of the way for now.  My calling will come to me soon.  Just might take longer than most others.
     Besides college, I work two jobs as a sales associate and busser/ server at a local restaurant.  Hours have been alright now that it's winter but sometimes I can get a nice little pile up of hours over the week or weekend.  Not always fun...  I do love my jobs though, they can be stressful like any other job, but I work with some great people.  Most who I have grown up with and others I just love so much I would consider them a second family.
     I guess lastly I should tell you guys that I just got myself a gym membership about two...three weeks ago?  Due to Thanksgiving I have fallen behind a bit, but I've been doing pretty well there.  My best friend also joined me so sometimes in the mornings we go workout together and that's great motivation to run longer and harder on the treadmills.  I'm hoping to shape up a bit for the holidays and New Years especially!  I would love to look decent in my dress I've been meaning to wear for the past two years.  I just need to find a formal even that I can wear it to for the holidays.
     This post seems a little jumbled now that I'm reading over it, but I've come to the conclusion that really, I can't cover everything about me so I figured just giving you the basic background of whom you're reading about would get you all a nice jump start.  If you continue to follow and read what I have to say I'm sure you will find out soooo much more about me.  Until then though, everybody avoid food comas and be safe on these roads!

With much love,
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment