Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

One Way to Stop Wasting Food

     Today I was watching my 3 year old sister.  For lunch she asked for a banana and only ate half, claiming that the other part was too mushy for her.  So I suggested I make her a smoothy. ( The little girl LOVES smoothies)  So I took her half a banana and used it with some other ingredients and created a very yummmmmy drink. 
     I used to do this during the summers when I babysat her.  She would eat bananas, strawberries and yogurts for breakfast and lunch.  She normally never finished everything so I would save the left over breakfast items for lunch time and what ever was left by lunch time would be thrown into the blender with some milk and such and then nothing would go to waste.  My mother loves the idea and I now use it all the time. 

Here's my favorite recipe:
  • Partially frozen yogurt cup with fruit at the bottom
  • 1/2 banana
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • Some milk
  • And malt mix until desired thickness

1 comment:

  1. Super idea! i tried it and my kids absoloootely love it too1

    ReplyDelete