Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Are Teachers to Blame?

     So... Do you ever feel like you are doing poorly in a class because of a teacher?  I have finally found that to be true with my math teacher.
     First off, I LOVE math.  It's difficult at times but I still like it.  I always have recieved A's in my math classes and I'm ahead of the class all the time.  Well, it's my junior year and I'm taking 12th grade math.  It's really not that hard.  It's slightly like a review of what we did the year before except going into further detail and attempting everything without a calculator.
     But in the beginning of the year I had a rough start.  I was trying to remember everything from 6 months ago and I ended up trying to keep up with everyone.  I had two teachers for my first trimester.  The main teacher and a student teacher.  The student was the one always walking around and helping and she "helped" me towards the beginning.  She showed me how to do everything and when I got my homework and test all back... well.. my teacher said I was doing something completely different.  I was so mad!  So I ended up coming in the mornings trying to get some help but that did no good.  And when I was in class she would have to come over three times atleast and try explaining the same thing over.  To this day I still don't understand her way of teaching.  Apparently there are some people out there who do, but everybody is different.  Now I rely on google more than fifty percent of the time to teach me math.  What a waste of my moms tax money... lemme tell ya. 
     I think everybody is different in their teaching and learning ways.  But it is the teachers job to make sure that they know how to teach in all the different ways and learn and adapt to a kids learning ways to all their students succeed.  I've been told a couple of times that as the student I am not supposed to blame the teacher and I should change  my ways of learning. 
     Anyways, I think this post was mostly just a venting thing right before I took my exams.  I hope you have some input, opinions or stories to add. 

No comments:

Post a Comment